After graduating in1986 from Macquarie University, Sky began her legal career in the banking sector and for over two years gained considerable knowledge and expertise in the world of finance.
In 1988 a relocation to the Central Coast of NSW became her opportunity to gain more practical experience in the private sector and then launch her own law practice as a sole practitioner in Erina.
Felicio Law Firm has now been serving the legal needs of its clients for over thirty years in all areas of law, including family law, estate planning, retirement law, courtroom advocacy and litigation, commercial leasing and conveyancing.
Sky is a solicitor with the Qld Law Society and provides conveyancing and other legal services in that State as well as NSW.
Sky’s reputation and professionalism amongst her fellow solicitors and barristers is testament to her successful cases and satisfied clients. With the support of selected barristers, she has the experience to carry a matter through the court system and provide her clients with unbiased and expert legal advice.
Briefing, researching and communicating with her clients is a vital skill necessary to manage any matter. Legal matters can be arduous and emotional times for clients, but Sky’s experience helps them understand where they stand and what will be their likely outcome. Sky is empathetic and approachable and prides herself on keeping her clients abreast of their matter throughout.
Sky is supported by a conscientious and diligent team, who ensure her clients are their priority, for not only their first consultation, but any future legal advice they or their friends and families may require.
As an advocate of women in law, Sky attends functions and seminars supporting female speakers and associations that encourage their inclusion.
Sky is a proud member of the European Law Institute. The European Law Institute is an independent non-profit organisation established to initiate, conduct and facilitate research, make recommendations and provide practical guidance in the field of European legal development with a goal of enhancing the European legal integration.
Sky has had the following professional roles as a volunteer:
- Chairperson and committee member of the Central Coast Women’s Health Centre where she was a volunteer solicitor for almost 10 years.
- Founding Committee Member of the Rotary Erina Branch.
- Committee Member of the Peninsula Chamber of Commerce.
- Treasurer and Committee Member of the Before and After School Service at Empire Bay.
- Supported and worked with the Cancer Council Pro Bono Legal Referral Service in 2019. This service aims to contribute to the well-being of people affected by cancer by reducing stress and financial burden. Sky assisted a number of people by preparing wills and providing general legal advice about their affairs.